Thor Motor Coach - Poor quality

I wrote previously about the lack of a quality assurance program at Thor resulting in poor craftsmanship. Notice he pictures below. This form of third world constructionist he last thing a woodworker, such as myself, wants to see. This low grade work will not stay long during travel as it does nothing to provide good construction for a joint(s) that are subject to vibration.

Even though I received one response from my last inquiry, I thoughtI would send this along.

Perhaps Thor should consider: a) new ownership under a German company. Have you looked at the motor homes built in Germany? Of course you haven't, b) new management that can re-direct the company back to an old program of quality and "customer first" concepts.

When, and if I can get back home, I shall take out the wood under the seats and replace the pine with poplar, use biscuits to hold wood sections together instead of *** staples, ensure all lengths and joints are measured properly, etc.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Product or service
Model Daybreak
Review category
review #864376 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Thor Motor Coach? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.