601 E Beardsley Ave, Elkhart, IN 46514, USA
1.6

NIGHTMARE!!!! BUYER BEWARE!!! We are experienced RV'ers wth 12 years of ownership of a Fleetwood Tioga. I wish I didn't get rid of my Fleetwood.

We bought a 2017 Thor Hurricane 29M last July. In the 11 months of ownership, the coach has been in the shop for a cumulative of almost 4 months. We have put only about 2,500 miles on it. Our first punch list of items to be corrected had over 40 items. Thor's manufacturing has no process for quality assurance. There is no excuse for the amount of items wrong with our coach. Thor's factory workers are either lazy, don't care or are untrained. It is very unfair to the dealer to expect for them to "finish" the coach. Also, Thor doesn't pay the dealers fairly for the work they do. It is also horrible for Thor to expect the customer to spend so much time without access to the coach due to the time it has to spend at the dealer having repairs. The problems can be boiled down to poor connections, loose connections, crossed connections and general sloppiness.

I would NOT buy another Thor coach. Unfortunately, I was told that my experience is not unusual. My Ford dealer told me that he'd never buy a new coach because it takes a year to work out the kinks. A $100,000 investment should NOT cause anxiety and distress like this has. I am extremely concerned about the fundamental quality and safety of my coach. In fact, It looks like they tried to make everything as cheaply as possible. I have no idea how it is going to last. Buying a new coach should be a joyful, happy experience.

Once again, we are picking up the coach at the dealer. I pray it is finally right. Every time we have taken it out, we have had to return it to the dealer for more repairs. Many repairs have taken numerous attempts to fix.

I am so terribly disappointed. On a positive note, the floor plan is great and the cabinets are beautiful and of good quality. I just wish the rest of the coach had been as nice as the cabinets and floor plan.

Sincerely,

M. T., Huntington Beach,

CA

Product or Service Mentioned: 2017 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 29M Rv.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Thor Motor Coach Pros: Floor plan and cabinets.

Thor Motor Coach Cons: How thor expects for the dealers to finish their coaches.

• defective products
  • Lemon auto
  • Lack Of Quality Control
  • Poor workmanship
  • Never Buy A Thor

Comments

Yes it did it sounds like my 2017outlaw toy hauler. Its been in the shop for 7 months and still not right.

We have leaks and somethings don't work.

I would not buy a Thor again. Its a 150,000$ motorhome and a lot of problems.

We looked into RV ownership for first time yesterday....a great field trip and learned alot. Then went on line and were so impressed with the Vegas model...that is, until we saw so many compliants on forums etc. Looks like we need to be unimpressed and move on...