1.5
Style and Design

We purchased our POS, 2014 Thor Windsport in October of 2013.The list of items that have gone wrong with it are as follows: Slide broke in the middle of the California desert - March 2016.

Took it to the dealer where we had to pay our $200 deductible to get it repaired. Heat shield fell off and caused injury and mental anguish as we thought the motorhome was going to blow up with us in it because the propane tanks pressure relief valve exploded in July of 2017. The propane tank is too close to the road. Molding has been coming apart since we bought it Awning cover for slide ripped January 2017 Parking break sensor wont turn off unless you keep the headlights on starting June 2014 Air Conditioners are not adequate enough Since purchase Windshield almost blew in as we were driving.

We had to duct tape it for the rest of our two week trip July 2016 Front windshield on drivers side leaks water since purchase. Window open/closers have been falling off one by one since we have bought it Gelcoat and decals are fading and blistering We purchased the extended warranty but they are only covering $3,000. The estimate to correct the problem is $18,000 Freshwater tank had plastic shavings in it from the manufacturer We had numerous issues with water pressure coming out of the kitchen sink and shower. My husband opened up the water tank under the bed and noticed it had plastic shavings in the tank preventing the water from coming out of the line.

This happened two different occasions. The second time was the worst as the water wouldnt drain at all and the water that was in the tank was full of algae and needed to be sanitized. TV system has never worked properly. The cables were not installed properly Both sides of the dinette buckled and broke - March 2016 repaired by us.

Ladder on the back of the coach is broken July 2016. We were told this is not part of our warranty. Holding tank leaks since purchase. Jacks have never worked properly.

They wont auto level and auto retract. Converter stopped working 2 times. We replaced it at $110 each time. Door hinge has broken several times.

Fixed by us. Poor design. 12volt store/use switch doesnt work properly so batteries die. Outside storage compartment latches do not work properly and open when we drive.

We have lost several items because of this. Generator overheats and shuts off June 2017 Front cab air conditioner stopped working June 2017 Luckily my husband is pretty handy and has been able to fix the small issues.

The last straw for me was last month coming home from our vacation when the pressure relief valve exploded and I thought we were all dead!I would like to unload this thing you call a motorhome back to Thor as I would not want another family to have to endure the things we have gone through.

Review about: 2014 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 34j Rv.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Monetary Loss: $20000.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with Thor Motor Coach?

Comments

teamchambie

I received a comment privately from Thor that they take pride in their products and that I need to contact their customer service department.I emailed them yesterday.

Maybe they should check their in-box.How about they call me, they have my info.

TMC-TEAM007
to teamchambie Indiana, United States #1354863
Thor Motor Coach Verified Representative

Our Support Team would like to assist you as soon as possible.

Can you please call Thor Customer Support at 877-855-2867, at your earliest convenience to discuss.

Thank you for your time and patience.

TMC Support

Whittier, California, United States #1353887

Look into a Lazy Daze!Best motorhome still made in California!

Sorry you have had such a major issues! We have heard some of these same things with other Thor owners!

Glad you're family is safe!Hope Thor does the right thing!

Thor, We have been with this family on several trips an witnessed the awful issues they have experienced.This coach is a danger and safety hazard.

Please be honorable and help our friends to replace their coach.Susan McBride