Update by user May 09

Would you knowingly buy any vehicle, whether a used $6,000 Geo Metro or a $100,000 brand new motorhome, if you knew that the windshield wipers only work at one single speed, with no other options or possibility to fix it? Would you enter a new motorhome, see regular, multi-speed windshield wiper controls on your steering wheel, have the manual confirm the proper use of such controls, buy the motorhome and not be pissed when you realize those control are dummies, replaced by a Thor button with one single speed option? Would you allow your child to ride on a school bus if you knew the bus only had limited function windshield wipers, or would you consider that a dangerous safety issue?

Original review posted by user May 09

Thor has to go out of business, and so do the dealerships that knowingly sell their piece of crap, overpriced motorhomes. I took possession of.

Brand new Class A Axis 2018 at the beginning of Febuary. It has been in the shop for a month and still no estimated time of delivery. No quality control from Thor or the dealership, although the latter makes you pay $1,000 for quality control before they give you the unit. After having the Axis I noticed that, among other things, the windshield wipers on the steering wheel did not function at all.

There is a button on the dashboard, installed by Thor, that bypasses the Ford control and only allows for one speed. Too fast for light rain, and definitely not enough for Florida downpours. The manuals, which I looked over before buying the Axis, tell a different story. The Ford manual has a chapter on his wipers system and no mention that it was not activated; the Thor manual does not mention wipers at all, let alone that they have one single speed.

Thor will not take responsibility for this obvious safety issue, the dealer will not take responsibility for selling a u it eith misguided information and a visible but not functioning system.

Does anyone have a motorhome with the single speed wipers? If they do not fix this for me, I think I will file for Lemon Law.

Review about: 2018 Thor Motor Coach Axis Rv.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I liked: Floor plan.

I didn't like: Poor qc and customer service, Company response to problems, Quality of coach, Playing phone tag with no results, Customer service and warranty service.

Comments

#1519461

Good luck with Lemon Laws - Thor has bribed state lawmakers around the country to not include the "house" on the back in the lemon law, only the chassis. You have to sue in federal court under the Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act - even then, Thor will just bury you with litigation (as they threatened us with).

They have a lot of lawyers, and are a very corrupt company, so will destroy what is left of their customers (you) if you sue them. We all need to get together and file a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT, to make these crooks pay!

to pauls123 #1519602

Typical crook corporation. Thank you for your comment.

I did get somebody to figure out the wipers system, but certainly not Thor. If a class action lawsuit is started, I am in.

And it should also be directed at the dealers of this brand. Thanks again!

to pauls123 #1531592

My husband and I would like to make contact with you regarding our own problems with our supposed brand new 2018 Thor Four Winds and the possibility of starting a Class Action Suit. What is the best way to make contact with you?