Thor Motor Coach Reviews

Show reviews that mention
thor camping world service water problems coach issues quality world problem
Filter review

Questions about holding tank

Youre closed. I have a holding tank problem

Thank you for sharing this. If you are still needing assistance, please contact us at 877-855-2867, email us at tmcteam@tmcrv.com, or Live Chat with us on the Owners Tab at www.thormotorcoach.com.

Our Customer Support Team would be glad to assist you. We are available Monday - Thursday 8-5 pm and Fridays 8-4 pm (ET).

ID
#2064518 Review #2064518 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Canton, South Dakota
Preferred solution
Question answered. And repair.

Need electrical schematic for 2016 Miramar

No charging of coach batteries from chasis alternator.neno

If you contact our Customer Support Team, one of our Specialists should be able to assist you with your questions. You can contact us directly at 877-855-2867, by email at tmcteam@tmcrv.com or by Live Chat on www.thormotorcoach.com under the Owners Tab. We are available today until 5 pm (ET).

ID
#2006762 Review #2006762 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Germantown, Maryland

Junior Reviewer
Update by user Jan 11, 2021

Thor Motorcoach is perhaps the most disreputable company I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with. Their representatives come and go faster than the wicked witch of the west!!! I have sent all of the documentation that I have concerning the problems I have...

ID
#1983135 Review #1983135 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Service
Thor Motor Coach Customer Care
Cons
  • Total disaster
$132000

Junior Reviewer

Defective product

In Nov., 2018, I bought a 2018 35' Thor Miramar class A motor home. Over the year of 2019, I encountered multiple major problems with this unit, to include voltage problems, water delivery problems, slideout motors that are defective, a leak from the shower drain that has resulted in black mold in the floors and the rotting of the floors and a defective bed lift motor. I spent almost $3500 during the year having repairs done on-site due to problems that prevented me from moving the unit. Thor has denied liability for any of these problems and maintain they were not covered under warranty or the repairs were done without authorization, even though no one ever told me I needed authorization for repairs when I bought it. I have been trying to get them to do something about these problems since Nov., 2019. I have sent emails to their representatives, but I never get any response from Thor. The last time I had any contact with one of their reps, I was told that my claims and complaints had been sent to corporate and that it was in their hands now. I have NEVER been contacted by ANYONE from Thor again! I have contacted my insurance company to file a claim with them. They have attempted to contact Thor about this problem, but have had the same results. Thor Motorcoach, in my opinion and with the experiences I have had with them, is a company that does not honor their product and shirks the responsibilities of correcting the problems that people encounter with their products. They are a MOST DISREPUTABLE company! I would caution anyone looking to purchase ANY product produced by this company to AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS!!! To date, I have spent approximately $132,000 on something that is totally useless for any purpose!!!

User's recommendation: AVOID THOR MOTORCOACH AT ALL COSTS.

I also have issues. Tech person Lori Akin was more concerned that my 2018 Windsport was out of warranty then to address an issue that has been going on since it was in warranty.

It’s just a true account of my experience with this company. I have physical proof of all the claims I’ve made here.

I have receipts for everything that was done in this past year as well as the rotting carcass of the vehicle they sold me. I CAN PROVE MY ALLEGATIONS!!!

Thank you for sharing your experience. I would like to review your file and see if we can address your concern.

If you could send me the last 8 digits of your VIN, I can look over your file.

You can email me directly at TMCTeam@tmcrv.com or our Customer Service team can be reached today 8-5 (ET) @ 877-855-2867. Thanks, Thor Motor Coach Team

View more comments (2)
ID
#1980410 Review #1980410 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Piney Flats, Tennessee
2018 Thor Motor Coach Miramar 35 Rv

Verified Reviewer

Horrible workmanship, Piece of JUNK!!!

Update by user Oct 02, 2020

Here I am AGAIN!!! Per the norm with the lack of quality now the slide out is sagging and dragging going in and out.

I can't imagine what that is going to cost me to fix and I am about to retire so no idea how I'm going to pay for it. Thank you "THOR" for the worst thing I have ever purchased. If anyone is listening "PLEASE" DO NOT buy a THOR product.

I can't in make myself pawn this POS of on someone else but not sure how I'm going to pay for the repairs yet. I pray ALL the people that work for or at THOR never get a good night sleep knowing what they are doing to hard working people who just want something to make some great memories with their families and then have to deal with the piece of crap these low life people are putting on the market!!!

Update by user Aug 03, 2020

Well here's another massive blow to THOR'S LACK of quality. Now my roof is coming membrane is separating from the top and was told of course I'm past my 1 year warranty.

The thing is just over 2 years old. Roof should NOT be failing this early. Dealership quoted me $7500 to replace it. No idea where I going to come up with that.

Really suck you buy something this expensive only to find out it is so poorly put together you're afraid to use it. I can't sell it because of THOR's reputation. No one want's one and of course the value went in the toilet as soon as we drove it off the lot. Stuck with something I can't afford to fix or use for fear of it coming apart going down the highway and killing someone.

Really at a loss. Guess I'm going to have to go to school and learn how to rebuild it myself. Notice I didn't say repair it. That's because I don't want to patch up *** work.

It would be better if I could just rip the coach off of the truck and build a new one from scratch. There's no way I could do it any worse than THOR did! Anything I do would be a vast improvement. Also just had to completely rebuild the kitchen cabinets.

The face of the cabinets and the drawers all pulled loose from the so called framework. It's all made out of some kind of press board that won't hold a screw. it either strips out or pulls through the worthless material. By the time I get this them rebuilt and safe to use I could have bought a NEWMAR or some other high end coach from a company that puts pride in their product and values a repeat costumer.

THOR is once and done. They get your money up front and hope it stays together long enough for the warranty to run out. They didn't manage that with mine but still found a way not to pay for most of the work that's been done on it. Between them and the dealership supposedly several of the item I reported well within my warranty weren't covered because THOR states it wasn't reported to them in time.

Guess it doesn't really matter any way because the repairs probably wouldn't have lasted any longer than the original work.At this point I guess I'll just have to put a cover on it and not use it till I can save up the nearly 10K I need to fix the stinking roof. So much for buying early enough I could have it payed down before I retire. I'll end up having to work several more years than I planned just to pay for fixing it let alone paying it off.

I really hope a lot of people are seeing these reports about THOR and not buying one but at some point they will probably change their name and keep selling this crap to unsuspecting consumers for years to come.If any one does decide to file a class action against THOR please let me know. I will be first in line to sign up!!!

Update by user Jun 13, 2020

Recent update, just took a 4 day trip. Induction under has stopped working.

When we try to use the burners it sets off the propane alarm. The tankless water heater is still acting up giving error codes. She never taken a half way decent shower. We keep getting wasp inside.

I think they are coming in from around the slide out. The toilet has a 90 degree bend in the pipe before the tank so it clogs up continuously. I am so disillusioned with owning a motor home. If this is the norm with ownership I sincerely wish I had never bought one.

If I'm ever fortune enough to get out from under this thing I doubt I will ever buy again for fear that this saga would just repeat because I have no idea if another brand would be any better.

I have also heard that THOR has bought up some of the other manufacturers. I can only hope they don't effect their quality as well!!!

Original review posted by user Jun 07, 2020
2018 THOR Chateau; Bought brand new: I doubt I can remember all the issue but here goes. First power issues all over the coach and I use that term loosely(coach my a*;*$) Plumbing, Loose everything, still finding screws. The kitchen drawers fell off in the floor behind the cabinets because they were only attached to the counter top(with staples) with nothing under then for support. Every where you look the wood is cracked or split where screws were over driven with no pilot holes. Couldn't use sewer drain because it didn't line up with the hole in the bottom of the compartment. Now for the BIG stuff. The overhead net was only anchored to the ceiling and NO structure. My 5 year old granddaughter leaned against it and it ripped right of the ceiling, glad I was standing there.At less than 10,000 miles my front tires were eaten off because according to the FORD dealership I took it to said that the front end wasn't realigned after the coach body was installed throwing the front all out of wack and costing me almost $1000 for repairs to the front end and a new set of tires.(THOR denied any wrong doing so that came out of my pocket. Mind you it is less than a year old at this point. My mirror and back up cameras kept going out and one stayed full of water. Then I crawled under it to tighten a loose running board to find that the front wings were rotten and coming apart. (This they actually took responsibility for and repaired) I also reported to them that the rear storage compartment was getting water in it and the bottom was sagging, That they also denied fixing so I had to take that on myself. The entire bottom had to be cut out and replaced because of a bad door seal which "I" also had to fix. My awning acted on on us the first trip to Florida. Would't do anything and on the last day it started working. So guess what, They wouldn't fix that either. It kept going out sporadically over the next year and a half till it quit all together. Another trip to the dealership to find out the motor was bad. Go figure. Had to pay $150 out of pocket to fix something (extended warranty cover most of it not THOR) that was reported while still under Manf Warranty. The inverter was replaced 5 or 6 times over a 6 month period. Still don't know what caused that but I had to buy a surge protector to put on my power cable to stop it, also out of pocket. The list goes on but I think you see where I'm coming from when I say this is the worst built thing I have ever seen in my life I if I could afford it I would go to every RV Show I could find and show any one who would listen what they are getting into if they buy a THOR product. Attached is a couple photos.

User's recommendation: DO NOT PURCHASE A THOR MOTOR COACH!

Your coach sounds just like my Miramar! We should band all of us together who have had issues with Thor and start a class action law suit against them for all of their defective products.

I don't think they make anything that is worth paying for. Read my review and you'll see what I mean. Thor doesn't make a good product and should be held accountable for it. Just saying.

I'm still fighting to get my money back and be reimbursed for my $3500+ out-of-pocket expenses. I'm ready to declare war on them.

On a trip right now. Will get with you after we get home. Thanks.

@PissedConsumer1875150

I'm back if you want to talk. Not sure what to do anymore.

I am just really disappointed with the whole idea of owning a motorhome now. We were really looking forward to being able to travel the country when I retire(why I bought now so I could pay it down before retirement) and see all the awesome things there are to visit. As it is, I don't trust this "THING" to take me very far without something else rotting out or falling apart. As if there weren't enough going on in this world to drag us down, I buy something to hopefully enjoy and spend a lot of time with my family only to have it be one of the worst downers in my life.

Instead of travel, I either paying to have *** fixed of having to try to fix it myself.

At the rate its going it won't be very usable by the time I'm able to retire. What an awful waste of money!

I would like to review your file and see if we can address your concerns. If you could send me the last 8 digits of your VIN, I can look over your file.

View more comments (3)
ID
#1974204 Review #1974204 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Cons
  • Customer service stand by your product
  • Quality is bad
  • Poor workmanship

NO SERVICE NO HELP BY THOR

I would love to join your suit against Thor. Reading through all of the comments is so familiar. We have a Thor Windsport, since the very beginning we have had a water leakk problem in the bathroom. It has been to dealership multiple times for the problem, First we thought it was the toliet, had the toliet reset. The problem came back. Thought it was the sink, found a pipe fitting leaking in the wall, that had been damaged by wretch tighting, Thor did not cover, costed us $200, thought problem fixed, Water back, We are away from home, having problem fixed, pin hole in water pipe under the shower made by a screw, repairman had to pull the shower, floor covered with 1/2 of deep black mole, soaked wood, and no water in coach for 2 days. The bill started at $700 and not finished yet. We have had problems with slide drift, woodwork splitting, and coming apart, bad batteries, gouge in floor, and many more. Coach for the first year 5 to 6 months at dealership getting repaired and waiting for Thor to send parts. We bought in Feb 2019, and now out of warranty, with no help. Weare now looking at over 2500 dollars of repair, Thor has been sent and phoned multiple times, NO ANSWER. We are now looking at the legal system. We would be happy to join any class action against THOR
#1909497

In following up with your file, I was so glad to see that our Customer Support team was able to touch base with you and address your concerns. Our team is here to help to the best of our ability.

I would like to review your file and see if we can address your concern. If you could send me the last 8 digits of your VIN, I can look over your file.

You can email me directly at TMCTeam@tmcrv.com or our Customer Service team can be reached today 8-4 (ET) @ 877-855-2867. Thanks, Thor Motor Coach Team

@TMC-TEAM007

Requested info was included in my email to TMCTeam@***.com with arrn: Team 007 on March 29, 2020 2:11 PM. A single telephone call was received and we discussed an improper repair of the slide under warranty.

However, the main thrust of the complaint was the long term water leak problem during warranty that was not properly repaired. We have not received a response to our emails regarding the two water leaks where the symptoms were present in May 2019 but the true source was identified in March 2020. The extensive collection of black mold at the hot water line location and "under the shower pan" shows a long term leak. The bathroom sink water leak saturated the outside TV wooden box frame which t he service center estimated a repair cost of $800.

This collateral damage repair was not repaired by service center.

Invoices/receipts were provided in previous emails, 4/1/20 and 4/29/20. Starcomet@***.com J0A15061

@Isidore

Thank you for your response. I have passed this information along to our Customer Support Team and someone will be contacting you.

If you have not been contacted within 24 hours, please email me at tmcteam@tmcrv.com and I will follow up. Thank you!

View more comments (3)
ID
#1954080 Review #1954080 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Orlando, Florida
Service
Thor Motor Coach Rv Repair

Hard time keeping the coach from swaying when driving.

When driving our 25.2 Thor coach it's hard to keep the coach from swaying within the lane, and when it's windy it's hard to keep the coach within the designated lane.
ID
#1952248 Review #1952248 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Vancouver, Washington

Verified Reviewer

Our 2018 Thor AVE 30.4 has had nothing but problems.

I would like to join any class action suits. Our ACE has 13000 miles on it and we have had it in the shop so many times in the last years since we bought it I I lost count. I have all the paperwork of the repairs they have done. One example of their shoddy work is the bolts used to hang the bathroom door were all upside down. Do they have alcoholic and addicts putting these together or what. I bought an extended warranty which cost thousands of dollars, but every time it goes in, it takes forever to get it fixed. I bought this motor home to use and not have fixed. This year we are greeted by an array of problems again. It shakes and vibrates so much going down the road, I feel it is becoming dangerous. Please help me. We have grandchildren in Texas to visit, but I don't know if this $90,000 rig will make it. Please tell me what info you need.
ID
#1951941 Review #1951941 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Thor Motor Coach Rv
Pros
  • Design of coach fits my needs
  • Motor home design and layout very comfortable coach
Cons
  • Peeling decals
Full refund

Denial of repair under warranty

Thor Motor Coach - Denial of repair under warranty
Awning rail on Dutchman Endurance was improperly and negligently attached to the coach, it was never attached to any structural studs and has now failed due to this faulty installation. Per recommendation of Service Manager at Camping World, needs to be relocated to the stud 4 inches below and repair was denied by Thor. This is also a safety hazard.
ID
#1941601 Review #1941601 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Akron, Ohio

Outside finish

The clear coat on the outside of our 2017 Class C motor home is deteriorating. What can be done about this??!!!

You can email me directly at TMCTeam@tmcrv.com or our Customer Service team can be reached today 8-5 (ET) @ 877-855-2867. Thankyou and stay safe, Thor Motor Coach Team

Preferred solution
clear coat on outside of motor home

Lousy quality

I had two Thor built rv's & both were lemons. the first gave problems with the rear slide, not working, had to push the return 7 times to make it come in. crazy design for sure. front seat had to pushed back on a 45 degree angle to rotate the seat, poor design. The second one leaks around both side windows, passenger & drivers side causing the paneling to buckle, the arm rest would not go all the way up, the upholstering was falling apart. poor quality for sure. do not send any more of your emails, they are boring & not true.
Zephyrhills, Florida
Price reduction

Thor Miramar

Bought a new 2017 Thor Miramar 34.3 with a superslide issue out of the box (superslide malfunctioned first week). Our litigation started February 2017 - and still going 3 years strong! All because of a slide issue that Thor/dealer could not fix, and refused to take responsibility for. What a disgraceful story..... We were such loyal RVers. Thor just wouldn't resolve the issue to our satisfaction - despite having considerably lower confidence in their craftsmanship and warranty. Just read and awesome 2016 article by Greg Gerber (former editor of RV Daily Report) titled RV Industry Death Spiral. This is a "must read" if you're considering any RV and joining the RV lifestyle. Need to know what you're up against....... With a struggling economy - maybe RV manufacturers will now start to pay attention to us as "pissed consumers".

User's recommendation: be informed.

Marstons Mills, Massachusetts
2017 Thor Motor Coach Miramar Rv

Verified Reviewer

How do we shut off the furnace

we put the thermostat to 0 degrees and it still runs. We like the bedroom to be cool at night but it always has higher heat then the setting. Using more propane then need to. One night we had it at 0 degrees and it went up to 23.3 degrees Celsius, how do we fix this

Our Customer Support team can be reached directly at 877-855-2867 (Mon-Thurs. 8-5 and Fri.

8-4) or you can email us at warrantysupport@tmcrv.com. You can also use our LIVE Chat feature at www.thormotorcoach.com. Click on the “Owner’s” tab and a chatbox should pop-up. Please have the last 8 of your VIN handy.

Due to COVID-19 our staff is limited and working remotely. Thank you for your patience during this challenging time.

Let the company propose a solution
Thor Motor Coach - Need to know how this is put together so I can fix it.
ALL I AM ASKING FOR IS HELP: I NEED THE WIRING DIAGRAM FOR MY 2017 THOR AXIS MOTORCOACH. THERE ARE EIGHT (8) PLUG IN RECPTACLES THAT ARE NOT WORKING WHICH INCLUDE TWO TELEVISIONS AND THE REFRIGERATOR. FYI, I'VE HAD ELECTRICAL ISSUES SINCE I PURCHASED THIS RV. BIGGEST...

First off you also need your caps lock fixed. This is a 3rd party site.

I have never seen Thor respond to any posts. Learn to Google better.

ID
Cons
  • So support
Preferred solution
Document/Diagram to troubleshoot problem with.

Multiple issues

Update by user Apr 17, 2020

Thor email us about the problem.We sent them the issues bout pictures. We have repeated tried to connect with them, but no answers to emails and Thor has not answered the phone. I guess the next step is to contract a lawyer

Original review posted by user Mar 12, 2020
We have now spent three days without any water. After reading the multiple comments from others on this site, I no later feel that our class A wind sport 2019 is alone with a lot problems. We have had at least 30 problems, and have spent 5-6 months with coach at the dealership for the first year. We have had a reoccurring water problem in the bathroom area. The first time, we had water puddle in the bathroom within the first month, so had dealership reset the toilet since we thought that was the most logically reason. Second time we had water in bathroom, thought it was coming from the bottom of the shower enclosure, so that area was silicone. Third time we had water coming from under the dinette bench in the area of the water pump, cleaned up water, no more water, water pump was fine. The next day, water again, coming from top of the outside TV area, and in front of the sink. Pulled the back off the sink cabinet, and water coming from a damage water coupling,. We are now out warranty, called Thor, no answer, Cost $200 for the repair. Now a week later, at RV site away from home,on the first night, water in the bathroom and coming out of the wheel well on the first night. RV repair service came the next morning, several hours later found leak under the shower. They advised not to use any water until fixed. The next day, came and pulled out of the shower. Floor was covered with a 1/2 inch layer of thick black mold and hole in the hot water line. The area was cleaned up and left to dry for the rest of day, since all the wood was soaked. The line is being replaced now, and we are looking at a bill around $1000. Along with the slide drift, the awning drift, the floor gouge and dent in vinyl flooring, driver window air leak and whistle, the passenger window water leak, the headboard falling off, window vane lances coming unscrewed, bad batteries, and multiple delays from Thor to replace items--I do share in your feelings. YES, we would like to join a class action. Thor needs a quality inspection program. By the way, I do have the hose, and the pictures, receipts, and work orders to support these issues

Thank you for sharing your experience. Our Customer Support team can be reached directly at 877-855-2867 (Mon-Thurs 8-5 and Fri 8-4 ET). You can also email me at tmcteam@tmcrv.com with the last 8 of your VIN, phone number, and email, and I will have one of our Customer Support team members contact you.

Thor Motor Coach Rv
Cons
  • Really poor customer service
  • Shorty workmanship
  • Quality and engineering
Let the company propose a solution